Thursday, June 9, 2011

Task #4 (insert witty comment)

The eReader I would choose to buy is Verizon's version of the Samsung Galaxy S2. Rumor has it that the phone will be called the Function. The name sounds a little uninspired, but keep in mind this is the same company that named a phone the Chocolate. Another hurdle to overcome is the fact that the phone has not yet been released. All of that aside, I would rather have a multifunctional device that can fit in my pocket than something I have to actively carry. The phone's operating system, Android, has several free apps (including OverDrive) that will satisfy all of your eReader needs. Owners of iPhones and iPads will be quick to point out that it does not satisfy the need of being an Apple product, but logical thought progression was never their strong suit. In the interest of full disclosure I will confess to owning an iPod, however, mine is from 2001. I believe the hipster kids call that retro.

The first three steps to downloading an ebook to the eReader of my choice:

1. Turn device on - you would be surprised how often this step is overlooked.

2. Decide what and where (what title & what site - Amazon, OverDrive, Gutenberg, Pirate Bay...)

3. At this point the download source will determine if you have to copy the file(s) to your desired location or if they will already be there. The format will dictate what app to use.

Side note: I was kidding about the Pirate Bay








No comments:

Post a Comment